This is a computer trick that gives you control over how long you will wait before your computer shutdown.
Step 1 – Open your CMD and type shutdown -s -t 30 in this 30 is the number of seconds you will wait before your computer shut down and it is a variable ie you can put any number you want.
Step 2 – You will see a warning during this waiting time indicating that your computer will shut down soon.
-t is the timer switch.
Step 3 –You can stop this computer from shutting down when the countdown hasn’t reached 0 by typing shutdown -a and hitting enter.
How to shutdown a remote computer Using Command Prompt
– The code is shutdown -s -m\Computer Name.
– You should know that Computer Name is the name of the computer you want to shut down.
– You view the names of the computers you are connected to by typing net view in the command prompt window.
– Before you can shut down a remote computer, you must have admin privileges on that computer.
– If you are not sure about that then open the Run box, type the computer name, and hit enter.
– Know that the login details username/password will be required if you can connect to the system.
-If you can provide the login details then you will see the directories of the system which is the confirmation that you can shut down the system remotely.